Sunday, February 5, 2017

It's Been 3 Weeks Already?!

   Wow has this time flown by! I'm already 3 weeks in and I can't believe it. As I recapture these past few weeks it amazes me what experiences I have already had and how accustomed I have gotten to this culture and their schooling system. Back home, I have 2-3 classes per 8 week term which meet Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for an hour and 15 minutes. We have set times and no class starts during the middle of another so there is rarely a scheduling conflict. Our advisers also guide our schedules and tell us which classes are best to take for each term. Here, there's a new lecture each hour even though some lectures go for two or three hours. We also have to schedule lab or tutorial times between those lectures. We also create our own schedule and turn in a paper to the international office during week 2 so we can be officially registered. I now hold a greater appreciation to any adviser who makes schedules for students. It is confusing! Almost as confusing as our main building is set up.

   I have been to the city of Limerick enough times to get my grounds figured out, however, I still get lost every now and then. This week I have an appointment at the immigration office to get my visa. This will allow me return to the country if I leave for a weekend trip or anything like that.

   I have been to Killarney, Ireland and have many more trips planned for this semester. Of course, school is the reason I am here, but there's no harm in doing a little traveling while I'm over here! I have attached a few photos from my trip to the Killarney National Park below. I hope you enjoy them!



No comments:

Post a Comment